Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Working toward June

Yesterday I took a course on blogging from Nikki Kallio at Fox Valley Technical College and set up this site. I ordered maps from most of the states I plan to visit so I can plan my route.  (Sadly, not from California.  They don't do paper maps any more, sign of the times.  You can't pin a web site to your bulletin board.)

Today, I am writing the e-mail I will send to libraries from here to Oregon and will work with Deb Marsh down at Express Printing to sketch out a postcard for those libraries without internet access.  There are still a few out there.   If I send out 20 e-mails or postcards a day from now through the end of the year, I should get enough work to pay for the trip, provided I pitch my tent in the national forest campgrounds.

What fun this is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment