Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Letting the World Know

Last night, I sent out the first forty e-mails to Washington State libraries.  This morning, I have my first response!

The plan is to send out 20 e-mails each night, which would mean around 3,000 by the end of December.  Most summer reading programs/performers are selected by then, hence the rush to get the word out that I am coming. After December, I'll fill in with churches, daycares and nursing homes.  I hope to have at least 30 performances for the tour.  I expect to be gone at least a month.  

The last time I found a good theme, "Reading Road Trip, USA", I wound up in Alaska.   I wrote the "Reading Road Trip Song" with a verse for each library.  It had 24 verses!  I intend to do the same this time around.  "One World, Many Stories" needs only a tune and a chorus, then the children can add the verses.    I wonder what they will come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment